Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Life

Anthony J. D'Angelo - "The most important things in life aren't things."

Life is a blessing.

Mississippi State has been the best choice I have ever made in my life.  By far.  I just feel so blessed to be in the situation that I am in here.  PGM program, good room mates, great friends, great times, a caring university with caring advisors, beautiful campus......... Just feels incredible.  I was filled with so much doubt and question first moving onto campus.  Praying about it did nothing for me (I thought), and I was incredibly nervous about my decision.

I have started going out on the weekends for the first time in a while it seems like.  There's a little place tucked in the cotton district called 'Ptolemy's' where all the PGMs go hang.  Meeting new people is an exciting thing for me.  In the past, I have just been so nervous and too afraid to be myself around new people.  I was just locked in a box, and I wanted to let myself out so bad.  Now, I have completely become the Garrett Powell that I want to be around people.  My head no longer gets in the way, and I feel so at peace about it....... this is the thing that has stopped me for years- a constant road block that remained ahead of me no matter which road I took.  I am incredibly happy and feel so accomplished by over-coming it.

Golf is going well.  Just passed our 'Player Ability Test' yesterday by sinking a thirty-footer from out of the rough.  I was incredibly exstatic.  Today, however, it's not a big deal to me anymore, but this is a good thing.  I love golf and love to compete, but I feel like I have matured enough now to where I realize my athletic performance doesn't need to dictate how good my life is.  And I think that recent accomplishment tops them all.  For a majority of my life I have left an athletic event either ruined or overjoyed after a performance.  Sports ruled my life, and it caused me to live a shallow life.  Although I am sure this is getting down-played in most peoples' heads, this is such a big deal to me.  I feel liberated.

Let my changes and my passion inspire anybody who reads this- it's never too late to become the person you want to be.  Stay devoted and you can do anything.

Autumn is almost here in full season, and I am in love with it.  Just the cool weather, colors of the fallen leaves, the holidays coming up.... It's what I look forward to every year.

Life is good.






-GP




No comments:

Post a Comment